Setting Up Help Desk
To allow your customers to submit problem reports through Control Panel, you can do the following:
- Set up a subscription for hosting your corporate website.
- Install on your site the application osTicket 1.6 or later from Application Catalog. Among available free solutions, osTicket is considered the best for its ease of use and feature set. For information about osTicket, visit their website at http://osticket.com.
To set up a subscription for hosting your own website:
- In Server Administration Panel, click the Subscriptions link in the navigation pane, under the Hosting Services group.
- Click Add New Subscription.
- Type the domain name of your corporate site, for example
- Select IP address.
- Type the username and password that you will use for connecting to the webspace over FTP and managing files.
- In the Service plan menu, select Unlimited to allow your site to consume unlimited amounts of resources.
- Click OK.
Next time you log in to Server Administration Panel, the Install Help Desk link will appear in the navigation pane. You can use it to install osTicket on your website.
If you want to start installation immediately, without logging out and then logging in again:
- Click the link Control Panel next to your site's domain name. Control Panel will open in a new browser window or tab.
- On the Home tab, click the osTicket link in the Applications group.
- Click Install.
- Read the terms of license agreement, confirm that you accept them, and click Next.
- To open all application settings, click the link Show All Settings and specify the following:
- Path to the installation directory on the server.
- Administrative access to the application. Leave the Grant administrative access to existing user option selected, and select Admin from the menu if you want to use your site's FTP account username and password for managing Help Desk.
- Administrator's e-mail. Specify the Help Desk administrator's e-mail address.
- Website name. For example, Company Name customer service portal.
- Default system e-mail. Specify an e-mail address that you will advertise on your site as a means to contact your support engineers. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Database administrator's password.
- Click Install.
Once installation is finished, you will be able to use the Help Desk link in the navigation pane of Server Administration Panel for configuring Help Desk and processing tickets submitted by your customers and customers of your resellers.
The customers will be able to submit tickets by clicking the link Help Desk in their Control Panels, in the Custom Buttons group.