Upgrade from the Web Interface
To upgrade 8.x, 9.x, and 9.5 versions of Parallels Plesk Panel to the latest version via the Web interface, follow the instructions given below.
If you wish to include the Customer & Business Manager (C&BM) component during the upgrade, the Panel host name must be resolvable to an IP address. This limitation is caused by the fact that the Panel uses Single Sign-on (SSO) to interact with C&BM, and the SSO service is unable to work with unresolved host names or directly with IP addresses.
Important: Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder 4.5 is not upgraded. Alternatively, the new version of Sitebuilder installs beside the previous one. Hence, you have the opportunity to manage existing sites in Sitebuilder 4.5 and create new sites either in Sitebuilder 5.0 or in 4.5. The upgrade of existing sites to the new format is performed manually.
Important: If you have bundled Parallels Plesk Billing, add the Customer & Business Manager component to the list of components to upgrade.
To upgrade the Panel from the Web interface:
- Download the Parallels Installer utility that suits your operating system from http://www.parallels.com/products/plesk/download/.
- (Only for Linux) Set the execution permission for Parallels Installer.
# chmod +x parallels_products_installer_file_name
- Run the Parallels Installer.
On a Linux/Unix server:
On a Windows server:
(Only for Linux) Open your browser and enter https://your-host-name-or-IP-address:8447/ in the address bar. The Parallels Installer Web interface opens.
(Only for Windows) Parallels Installer wizard opens in a new browser window. When the installer starts, an additional console window opens. This window displays the operations performed by the utility. It is closed upon the successful installation, or after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- (Only for Windows) Select the language for the installation wizard.
- Log in to the web interface.
- If you are running Windows, type the administrator's username ("Administrator"), administrator's password, and click Log In.
- If you are running Linux, type the system root user and password, and click Log In.
- Click Updates source and installation settings and specify the source of Parallels Plesk Panel distribution package:
- By default, the Official Parallels Updates server is selected. Specify the location where the installation files will be stored.
- If you select a Mirror server, specify the .inf3 file location in the URL to the directory with .inf3 file field. Specify the location where the installation files will be stored.
- If you select a Local media, specify the .inf3 file location in the Absolute path to the .inf3 file field.
- If you use a proxy server, select the Connect using a proxy checkbox and specify the following settings:
- Specify proxy host name and port number in the Proxy address and port fields.
- If this proxy server requires authentication, select the Require authentication checkbox and specify username and password.
- (Only for Linux) Select the installation language and click Save to save the installation preferences and proceed to installation.
- Click Install or Upgrade Product. You are taken to the products list.
- Select the checkbox corresponding to Parallels Plesk Panel and the Parallels Plesk Panel product versions that you want to upgrade to. By default, the latest products versions are selected.
- To review the components that will be installed, select the Preview components selection checkbox and click Continue. You can see the list of available components. To select or deselect a component, select or clear the corresponding checkbox. To select or deselect all the components, click Select all or None respectively.
- To start the upgrade, click Continue.
The packages will be downloaded and installed. When the upgrade is finished, you will see a notification saying "All products and components have been successfully installed and upgraded." Click OK.