This chapter contains summaries of changes made to API RPC protocol. The next paragraph explains how these changes are organized.
Changes are divided into two categories:
- Changes made to the latest protocol version as compared to the previous one (subsection named Changes Since Previous Version)
- Changes in behavior of Parallels Plesk Panel 10.1 with prior protocol versions (subsection Changes to Earlier Versions).
These two groups are further categorized by features that required modifying operators and/or operations. Each set of feature-dependant changes is fit into a separate table and sequenced in alphabetical order.
Each feature-dependant table consists of the following columns:
- Option - defines whether an operator/operation/parameter is added ("+"), modified ("*"), or deprecated ("-").
- Operator - contains the name of the operator affected by the feature.
- Operation - contains the name of the operation affected by the feature. The operation name is omitted in the following cases:
- New operator is added
- Operator is removed
- Feature modifies the behavior of an entire operator
- Feature modifies the XSD complex type that is not explicitly related to an operation (Example: filters).
- Type/File - contains the name of an XSD complex type affected by the feature. This name helps to determine whether request, response or both packet structures are changed. If the complex type name is changed, the new name is given. If an operation description is changed, and new description does not use any named complex types, the XSD file which contains the operation description is given. The type/file name is omitted in the following cases:
- Parameter - contains the affected parameter. This value is present only if Operation or Type/Filename values are provided. If the operation name or both values are set, the path to the parameter is given relatively the operation node. Otherwise, the path is given relatively to the XML element described by the type. We use XPath notations to address the parameter.
- Comment - contains short description of a change. In case an operator, operation or parameter is deprecated, this field contains brief instructions on what functionality can be used instead.
Please send us your feedback on this help page.