To migrate accounts and websites with applications from other hosting servers:
- Log in to Parallels Plesk Panel 10 on the destination server.
- Go to Tools & Utilities > Migration Manager (in the Tools group).
If you do not see the Migration Manager link, it means that this component is not installed. You can install it as described in the chapter Preparing for Migration from Plesk-managed Servers.
- Click Synchronize to check if there are any updates for Migration Manager components. This is recommended, especially, if you are migrating data from cPanel or Parallels Pro Control Panel for Linux (formerly called Ensim).
- Click Start New Migration.
- Leave the Transfer data from another server option selected, and specify the following:
- The source server's address and port number (on Linux/Unix systems). Specify either the IP address or the host name of the server, from which you want to transfer data.
- The login name and password of the administrator of the source server.
Note: The option Transfer data already processed by the migration agent and located on the local host can be used to import data from a file, as described in the section Troubleshooting Migration Issues. This is another way to transfer data, which can be used in cases when the source server is offline, and you have previously gathered data from it.
- If you use Parallels Plesk Panel for Linux, you can also specify the directory on the source server where the migration agent should be uploaded.
- Specify the path to the directory where temporary files will be stored.
- Specify whether you want to transfer all data related to user accounts and domains from the source server, or only specific items.
- If you use Parallels Plesk Panel for Linux, select the Use rsync transport checkbox. This reduces the amounts of disk space, bandwidth, and time required to perform migration.
- Click Next. The migration manager will connect to the specified server and gather information about the business objects of the source hosting platform.
- If you have chosen to transfer only specific items, at this step, select the checkboxes corresponding to the user accounts and domains that you want to transfer. Also, specify what types of data should be transferred:
- All settings and content.
- All settings and content except mail.
- Only mail accounts with e-mail messages.
- Click Next.
- Once the data are retrieved from the source server, specify the new IP addresses that should be used. If you have a great number of IP addresses, at this step, you can download the current IP mapping file, correct it in a text editor or by running a custom find-and-replace script, and then upload it back to the server.
- Click Next. The data transfer process should start immediately; however, if some of the selected items cannot be transferred because of possible configuration or resource usage conflicts, you will be taken to the next step and prompted to specify the conflict resolution policies.
- If prompted, specify how to resolve the following types of conflicts:
- Timing conflicts that occur when an item to be transferred already exists on the destination server and has a more recent modification date. You can choose any of the following options:
- Use the configuration and data from the source server. This will overwrite the configuration and data currently present in the destination server with the configuration and data retrieved from the source server.
- Use the configuration from the destination server, and the data from the source server.
- Do not transfer items with timing conflicts.
- Resource usage conflicts that occur when an item to be transferred would exceed the resource usage limits defined on the destination server for this type of items. You can choose any of the following options:
- Transfer the item and allow resource overuse.
- Do not transfer the item.
- Configuration conflicts that occur when the settings of an item to be transferred are neither allowed nor available on the destination server. You can choose to:
- Transfer the item and allow the required configuration options and settings.
- Do not transfer the item.
- Click Next.
- When migration is finished, click OK to exit the wizard.
Please send us your feedback on this help page.