Creating Generic Plan Add-ons
Generic properties can affect pricing. They create questions that will appear during the order process. Answers to these questions will create subscription properties. If the subscription property modifies an already existing property, Business Manager should be able to pass this value to the panel module to be automatically provisioned.
Generic properties are used for creating add-ons. Add-ons were designed to replace panel properties associated with a plan. However, if you have a plan that is not associated with a panel, but want to create add-ons for it anyway, you need to setup the generic properties first.
- Generic properties by themselves do not affect pricing.
- Generic properties used for creating add-ons can affect pricing.
To create an add-on:
- Go to Business Setup > All Settings > Plan, Customer, and Generic Properties.
- Click New Generic Property. There are several fields here that must be filled in:
- Generic property key. This is the internal property name, something only you will see. Choose a descriptive name.
- Generic question name. This is an internal value for the question. Enter something meaningful, like a brief version of the question.
- Default question. This value will appear in the plan property screen.
- Default answer value. This is the default answer you would like for the Default Question. You may leave this blank.
- Question description. This is a description that will appear with the question on the online store page.
- Click Save.
- Go to the plan you want to create an add-on for. Click Properties. You should see the property that you just created displayed here. Next, you will want to create an add-on, which is what will create the options and process for this property.
- Click Add-ons and Attach New Add-on Group. Walk through the add-on wizard and click Finish on completion.
- You should now see the add-on group you have created, along with each of the options you created for it. To view the result of your work, go through the order process, choosing the plan you tied the add-on to. When you get to the cart, you should see the add-on options you created.
Please send us your feedback on this help page.