Restoring Data From Backup Archives
You can restore data from backup files kept in Panel's repository on the server, a custom FTP repository, and you can upload a backup file in a ZIP archive (on Windows systems) or tar archive (on Linux systems), and then restore data from it.
To restore data from a backup file:
- Go to Tools & Settings > Backup Manager.
- Click the backup file name.
- Specify the following settings:
- Types of data to be restored.
- Suspend website until restoration task is completed. Select this if you want to avoid possible conflicts that may occur when users modify site content or settings while they are being restored.
- Send an e-mail notice when restoration task is completed. Type your e-mail address if you want the control panel to notify you when restoring is completed.
- Conflicts resolution policy. Specify what to do if any conflicts occur during restoration.
- Click Restore.
In case if any errors or conflicts occur during restoration of data, the wizard will prompt you to select an appropriate resolution. Follow the instructions provided on the screen to complete the wizard.
Note: The Overwrite data restoring mode means that all objects will be restored from the backup files regardless of their current presence in the system. The Overwrite mode works as follows:
- If an object or settings from the backup file are not present in Parallels Plesk Panel, then they are created or set in Parallels Plesk Panel.
- If an object or settings from the backup file are present in Parallels Plesk Panel, then the object or settings from the backup file replace the corresponding object or settings that are present in Parallels Plesk Panel.
- If an object or settings are present in Parallels Plesk Panel, but are missing from the backup file, then the object or settings currently present in Parallels Plesk Panel are not changed.
Please send us your feedback on this help page.