Testing Gateways Using Virtual Terminals
If your gateway account supports it, you can use Business Manager virtual terminal to connect directly to your gateway account. This can be useful for two main things:
- Testing your connection during the configuration process
- Charging a customer's card without having to use the Business Manager payment process.
To use the virtual terminal:
- Go to Business Setup > All Settings > Payment Gateways.
- Click Virtual Terminal in the Available Operations of the gateway you want to test. The first page asks two questions:
- Create Income Accounting Entries. If you would like this transaction to create Income Accounting Entries, check the box. Generally, you will want to have this checked. If you are testing, however, you may want to uncheck this, as the transactions you are putting through the terminal are not for accounting, but to verify connectivity.
- Currency. Choose the currency which you want to use to test the gateway.
- Click Next.
- This page acts as the actual terminal. Enter as much information here as you have access to.
- First Name. Enter the first name of the customer to be charged.
- Last Name. Enter the last name of the customer to be charged.
- Customer Email. Enter the email address of the customer to be charged.
- Customer Address. Enter the customer's billing address.
- Suite. Enter the suite, if applicable.
- City. Enter the city of the billing address.
- State. Enter the state of the billing address.
- Zip. Enter the zip code of the billing address.
- Customer Country. Enter the country for the billing account.
- Phone. Enter the customer's phone number.
- Fax. Enter the customer's fax number, if applicable.
- Amount Of Payment. Enter the exact amount of the payment to be charged.
- Payment Comments. Enter any comments you want to accompany the payment. You may want to enter your company name here.
- Payment Type. Enter the payment type here. The virtual terminal will only work with payment types that are enabled in your gateway account.
- Charge Action. Choose to either authorize this transaction only, or to charge the card.
- Credit Card. Fill in the credit card information:
- Name on Credit Card. Enter the customer's name as it appears on their credit card.
- Credit Card Type. Enter the credit card type.
- Credit Card Number. Enter the credit card number, with no spaces.
- Expiration Date. Enter the credit card expiration date.
- CVV2 Code. Enter the customer's CVV2 code, if this is required by your gateway.
- Issue Number. If you are using certain debit cards, you must enter this information (if you do not know what this is, it's likely you don't need to use this).
- Start Date. Like the Issue Number, if you are using certain debit cards, you must enter this information.
- Click Charge.
Please send us your feedback on this help page.