Setting Up Payment Queue
If you are using a top-tier gateway such as
bluepay to process your credit card or bank account transactions, the payment queue settings govern how and when invoices are added to and processed by the event ProcessPaymentQueue.
To set up a payment queue:
- Go to Business Monitoring > All Settings > Automatic Payments.
- Change the Common Settings. These settings include the following:
- Process New Invoices. Do you want to process new invoices? If set to No, you will need to collect payments manually. For details on how to generate the list of payments to be processed, see Generating and Running Payment Queue.
- Process Declined Transactions. Do you want to process invoices with declined transactions? If set to Yes, the system will collect payments according to the failure retry time set in the file
lib-billing/include/config/config.php. If set to No, Business Manager will never automatically retry collecting payments. You will have to do this manually.
- Process Errored Transactions. Do you want to process invoices with errored transactions? If set to Yes, the system will collect payments according to the failure retry time set in the file
lib-billing/include/config/config.php. If set to No, Business Manager will never automatically retry errored invoices. You will have to do this manually.
- Charge On Due Date Only. Do you want to charge the invoices only on the date invoices are due? If this is set to Yes, invoices will only be added to the payment queue on their due date (the due date for invoices is set in Invoice Settings). If set to No, invoices will be added to the payment queue after they are created.
- Clear The Payment Queue First. This should be set to Yes. If you do not clear the payment queue before a new one is generated, then invoices may be run multiple times.
- Try Lesser Amounts. If set to Yes, the payment queue will start from the oldest invoice and will run till the first transaction declines. If set to No, the payment queue starts from the invoice with the least amount.
For example, we have invoice #1 for 20$ and invoice #2 for 10$, and 15$ is available on the customer's credit card. If you use lesser amounts, the system successfully charges 10$, and if you do not use them, the system fails to charge for invoice #1 and stops.
- Pay for a subscription from multiple billing accounts. This feature allows you to assign several different billing accounts to pay a single subscription, and then assign custom "weights" to each of these. For example, if a customer wants to use three credit cards to pay for one subscription, and wants to have 75% charged to one card, 20% to another, and 5% to another, you will need to enable this setting to allow this.
- Generate Batch Prior To Due Date (Number of Days). How many days before the due date do you want to generate the payment queue? A normal value for this is 1.
- Set the Credit Card Processing. This includes the Payment Queue Action. It determines whether the items in the payment queue get sent to the gateway as Charge, also called
AUTH_CAPTURE, or Authorization Only, which will require a payment capture at a later point in time. Generally, this item is set to Charge. If you wish to have the gateway just authorize transactions and collect payments later, then set this to Authenticate Only. Please be aware that if you do this, you will need to manually capture the funds for all recurring credit card transactions. For details on this operation, see Capturing Uncaptured Payment.
- Set the Bank Transfers Processing. This includes setting the following parameters:
- Start processing batch files automatically after (in days). How many days after the creating the batch file you want to start its processing automatically? The default value is 0.
- Start processing batch files automatically on reaching this number of transactions. How many transactions must be in a batch file to start its processing automatically? The default value is 0.
- Responsible Administrator. This parameter shows the administrator who is responsible for bank transfer processing.
- Click Save.
Please send us your feedback on this help page.