Deploying Game Servers
Once you install the Counter-Strike Game Server module on your Parallels Plesk Panel, you will need to take a few steps to install the game server program files and other required components. These files will be shared among all game servers that you will set up.
To obtain and install the core components of game servers:
- Click the Modules shortcut in the navigation pane and, in the Modules group, click the Counter-Strike game server icon.
- The installation program starts searching for an installed game server engine. If it does not detect it, the installer will offer you the two options:
- Install the game server automatically - download the game server files from the official directory servers on the Internet and install them automatically. This procedure might take much time and hundreds megabytes of data transfer, depending on the number of components you wish to install. During automatic installation, you will be asked to choose the game version (Counter-Strike, Counter-Strike Source and Counter-Strike Condition Zero) to install.
- Use an existing installation - if you already have the game server engine installed, use this option to specify the path to the directory where it is installed.
- Click OK.
- Install the Steam software. Steam is an online content delivery system designed by Valve Corporation. To be able to download, install and update games from the Valve website through the Internet, you need to install the Steam client.
Important: By downloading and installing the Steam client, you assume responsibility for the consequences of using this software. Use it at your own risk!
- If you do not have the Steam client program or Counter-Strike game server installed, leave the Download from the official Valve site and install option selected and click OK. The Steam software will be downloaded from the official download site (http://www.steampowered.com/download/hldsupdatetool.bin). Then, the License Agreement with Valve Corporation will appear. Click Accept to accept the license agreement to download and install the Steam client.
- If you have already downloaded this file (hldsupdatetool.bin) and have it on your local machine, select the Install from the local machine option to upload it. Click OK. Then, specify the path to the hldsupdatetool.bin file and click OK. Click Accept to accept the license agreement.
- To specify the path to the existing Steam installation, select the Use an existing Steam client installation on your Plesk server option and click OK. Locate the Steam distribution package and click OK.
- All game modifications (also commonly referred to as mods) that are available for downloading are shown in a list. Each mod title is accompanied with the following icon indicating whether the mod is already installed: - the game mod is already installed and - game mod is not installed.
If you have a steam account that you would like to use for retrieving installation files or updates from Valve, click the Switch Steam Account icon, specify your username and password, and click OK.
Select the checkboxes corresponding to the game mods you wish to install and click OK.
- When the selected game components are installed, click OK to quit the wizard.
Now the core components of the selected game servers are installed, and you can proceed to setting up your game servers.
Please send us your feedback on this help page.