About This Guide
Parallels Plesk Panel for Windows Advanced Administration Guide is a companion guide for Parallels Panel Administrator's Guide. It is intended for server administrators whose responsibilities include maintaining hosting servers and troubleshooting server software problems.
The guide provides step-by-step instructions to perform server management tasks that require use of Panel functionality other than the GUI and GUI-only tasks that administrators may need to perform only in rare specific situations. Administrators can use several additional tools that are supplied in the standard Parallels Plesk Panel distribution package to add customized automation tasks, back up and restore data, and repair Panel components and system settings. The tools include a number of standalone Windows applications, command-line utilities, and the ability to integrate custom scripting with Parallels Plesk Panel.
This guide consists of the following chapters:
- Introduction to Panel. Describes the main components and services operated by Panel, licensing terms, and the ways to install and update Panel components.
- System Maintenance. Describes how to change server host name, IP addresses, and locations of directories for storing virtual host files, backups, and mail content. This chapter also introduces Panel's command-line tools, a mechanism for running scripts on Panel events, and service monitor that allows monitoring and restarting services without logging in to Panel.
- Backing Up, Restoring, and Migrating Data. Describes how to back up and restore Panel data by means of the command-line utilities
pleskrestore, and introduces the tools for migrating hosted data between servers.
- Changing Security Settings for File System Objects and Accounts. Describes the process of applying Parallels Plesk Panel security rules to file system objects and accounts. Presents examples of commonly used security rules with explanations.
- Customizing Panel Appearance and GUI Elements. Introduces Panel themes that can be used to customize Panel appearance and branding and describes how to remove specific elements of Panel GUI or change their behaviour.
- Statistics and Logs. Describes how to run calculation of statistics on disk space and traffic usage on demand and access web server logs.
- Localization. Introduces the means to localize Panel GUI into languages for which Parallels does not provide localization.
- Troubleshooting. Describes how to troubleshoot malfunction of Panel services.
- Glossary. Explains terms used in this guide.
Please send us your feedback on this help page.