Managing SSL Certificates
Plesk version: Plesk 7.5.3 for Unix and later, Plesk 7.6 for Windows
API RPC version: 22.214.171.124 and higher
Plesk user: Plesk Administrator
Using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol on a domain requires an SSL certificate installed first. This can be a certificate purchased from a certificate vendor or a self-signed certificate generated on your own. Plesk supports two-levels certificate repository:
- The bottom level is constituted by separate domain repositories. Certificates installed to a domain repository can be used on this domain or on any domain belonging to the same client account.
- The upper level is Administrator's repository. Certificates installed to the Administrator's repository can be used on any domain existing in Plesk. One of these certificates can be defined as default, meaning that it is used for accessing Plesk GUI via the HTTPs protocol.
- INSTALL installs an SSL certificate to either Administrator's or specified domain repository
- REMOVE removes the certificate with a specified name
- GENERATE generates a self-signed certificate
The SSL protection can be enabled on the domain hosted on a dedicated IP address.