To enhance a Web site with valuable features, such as guest books, forums, hit counters, photo galleries, and e-commerce solutions, you can install the respective applications from control panel's application vault (Domains > domain name > Web Applications).
To install an application on your site:
- Go to Domains > domain name > Web Applications (in the Applications & Services group), and click Install New Application.
- In the left menu, select a category to which the application you need belongs.
- Select the required application in the list, and then click Install.
- Some applications will display a license agreement. Read the license agreement carefully, and if you agree with it, select the I agree check box and click Next >>.
- Specify whether you wish to create a hyperlink to the application and place it in the control panel.
- Specify the installation preferences and other information that may be required by the application (the requirements may vary among applications). When finished, click Install.
After the application was installed, you can insert a link to this application into the web pages of your site, for example, on your home page. Otherwise, you and your users will have to access this application by typing its URL, which can be too long to remember.
To access the web interface of an application, do any of the following:
- Type the URL in your browser. For example: http://your-domain.com/forum/.
- Go to Domains > domain name > Web Applications (in the Applications & Services group) and click the icon corresponding to the application you need.
- If you chose to add a hyperlink button to your Parallels Plesk Panel during installation of an application, then click the respective button on the domain administration screen (Domains > domain name) or navigation pane.
To reconfigure an application or change the application administrator's password:
Go to Domains > domain name > Web Applications (in the Applications & Services group) and click the icon corresponding to the application you wish to reconfigure.
To uninstall an application:
- Go to Domains > domain name > Web Applications (in the Applications & Services group), and select a check box corresponding to the application that you no longer need.
- Click Remove, confirm the removal and click OK. The application and its databases will be removed from the server.
If you want a certain Web application to be started when someone visits a site, it can be done by creating a default domain application.
To set an application as default for a domain (available only for Windows hosting):
- Go to Domains > domain name > Web Applications (in the Applications & Services group).
- Select a check box corresponding to the application you want to set as default and click Default. Click OK to confirm.
Now, when a user enters an URL in the address field of his browser (for example, http://example.com), he is taken to the default Web application.