Enabling Integration with Sitebuilder (Linux Hosting)
Sitebuilder is a Web site creation and content management system developed by Parallels. It has proven to be highly popular with site administrators because it enables users without any technical skills and knowledge of markup languages to create professionally looking Web sites.
To allow your Web hosting customers to create and publish their sites using Sitebuilder, do the following:
- Install Sitebuilder on the same server where Parallels Plesk Panel is installed, if you did not install it during installation of Parallels Plesk Panel software. This version of Parallels Plesk Panel supports only connections to locally installed Sitebuilder systems.
- Install a license key for Sitebuilder. Log in to Sitebuilder at URL http://your server's ip address or hostname/Admin, go to Home > License Management (in the Help & Support group) > Upload License Key. Select the license key file in XML or ZIP format and click OK.
- Log in to Parallels Plesk Panel, go to Home > Sitebuilder Settings (in the Applications & Services group).
- Specify the server administrator's username and password that you specified in Sitebuilder during installation. They will be used by Parallels Plesk Panel for authorization in the Sitebuilder system.
- Click OK.
Now Parallels Plesk Panel is connected to Sitebuilder, and the Sitebuilder section appears in Parallels Plesk Panel's navigation pane providing the following shortcuts to the Sitebuilder administration panel:
- Desktop. This provides shortcuts to the task-oriented wizards. Here you can perform any operations on your Sitebuilder system. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/using_desktop_interface.htm.
- Users. Here you can add and manage user accounts and service plans for your customers. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/signing_up_customers.htm.
- Sites. Here you can add and manage sites. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/managing_sites.htm.
- Server. Here you can view and manage the following system settings:
- Hosts. Here you can add and manage hosts. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/specifying_hosts_used_for_publishing_sites.htm.
- License Management. Here you can upload and retrieve your Sitebuilder license. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/updating_upgrading_and_restoring_your_license.htm.
- Integration. Here you can review single sign-on settings for Parallels products installed on the server. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/viewing_sitebuilder_sso_settings.htm.
- Backup. Here you can back up data from the Sitebuilder system on demand. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/backing_up_and_restoring_sitebuilder_data.htm.
- Trial Sites Settings. Here you can configure settings for trial sites created by your prospective customers. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/setting_up_sitebuilder_wizard_for_anonymous_visits.htm.
- Branding. Here you can configure the logo and title setting for your prospective customers. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/setting_up_logo_and_title_bar_text.htm.
- Log Settings. Here you can adjust how much information about system errors Sitebuilder writes to log files. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/specifying_actions_to_be_logged.htm.
- Notifications. Here you can configure settings for notifications sent by Sitebuilder to your users. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/configuring_email_message_sent_at_trial_site_publishing_attempt.htm.
- Languages. Here you can view the list of available languages. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/obtaining_additional_language_packs.htm.
- Skins. Here you can view the list of available skins. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/choosing_language_skin_and_number_of_items_shown_per_page.htm.
- Templates. Here you can view the list of available site design templates. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/manaing_site_design_templates.htm.
- Modules. Here you can view the list of available modules. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/viewing_and_configuring_available_modules.htm.
- Page Sets. Here you can view the list of available page sets. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/managing_site_structure_templates.htm.
- Site Families. Here you can view the list of available templates that combine design templates and page sets. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/managin_site_templates.htm.
- Logs. Here you can view system and security logs. For more information, see http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/configuring_sitebuilder_logs.htm.
You can provide your customers with access to site creation and management services on a per user or per site basis: there are individual settings that you can adjust for a user account (Resellers or Clients shortcut > user name > Permissions (in the Account group) and for a Web site (Domains > domain name > Web Hosting Settings (in the Web Site group)).
All customers who were given access to site creation and management services will be able to create and update their sites by following the Sitebuilder Wizard shortcut which will appear in the domain management screens of their Parallels Plesk Panels (domain name > Sitebuilder Wizard). Also, in users' control panels, the following shortcuts will appear in the navigation pane to allow them to manage their own accounts and sites through Sitebuilder: Desktop, Users, Sites, Server (client's control panel); Desktop and Sites (domain administrator's control panel).