Managing Client Accounts
Plesk version: all versions
API RPC version: all versions
Plesk user: Plesk Administrator, Plesk reseller
The hierarchy of Plesk users includes resellers, clients, domain administrators, and email users (enumerated in the descending level order).
Creating a Plesk Client is equivalent to creating a special client account. This operation is allowed to Plesk resellers (since protocol version 126.96.36.199) and Plesk Administrator.
Client account presents a set of Plesk client personal data and a collection of various settings. These settings are as follows:
- Limits on use of Plesk resources
- Access permissions
- IP pool settings
- Template settings
- Ownership settings. Since protocol version 188.8.131.52, each client account has an owner (Plesk Administrator or a Plesk Reseller). Owner of an existing client account can be changed. Plesk Administrator can upgrade his client accounts to reseller accounts.
Once created, a client account is allotted a portion of Plesk server disk space and other Plesk resources. A client account can be created with a unique collection of settings, or this can be done using a client template (a special object that holds a collection of predefined settings). To learn more about client templates, refer to section Managing Client Templates.
In turn, Plesk client can create and manage domains and user accounts that share the disk space of the 'parent' client account.
- ADD creates new client account to Plesk database.
- GET retrieves the information about the specified client account(s) from Plesk database.
- DEL deletes the specified client account(s) from Plesk database.
- SET updates/ modifies certain information about the specified client account(s) in Plesk database.
- IPPOOL_ADD_IP adds IP addresses to the client's IP pool.
- IPPOOL_DEL_IP removes IP addresses from the client's IP pool.
- CFORM_BUTTONS_LIST retrieves the list of buttons displayed on the client's home page.
- GET-LIMIT-DESCRIPTOR retrieves client limits descriptors.
- GET-PERMISSION-DESCRIPTOR retrieves client permissions descriptors.
- CONVERT-TO-RESELLER upgrades client accounts to reseller accounts. The feature is supported since protocol version 184.108.40.206.
- CHANGE-OWNER assigns a new owner to a client account. The feature is supported since protocol version 220.127.116.11.