Modifying Mail Account Settings
Mail account settings can be modified either by Plesk Administrator or by Plesk client. These settings are as follows:
- Mail user access to his account through Plesk GUI
- Mail box size
- Mail box alias
- Mail user permissions
- Antivirus protection
- Mail group members (if an account acts as a mail group)
- Mail groups in which the mail account has membership
- Files stored in the account repository
- Automatic response messages
- Mail addresses to which all incoming correspondence will be redirected automatically
The update operation is presented by three sub-operations: add, remove, and set. All these sub-operations were designed for working with the lists of objects kept in mail accounts.
- The add sub-operation is a typical update operation. It means that all the setting specified in the packet will be added to a mail account, and the settings already existing will be kept unchanged. This sub-operation can be applied to any setting.
- The remove sub-operation is a typical delete operation. It means that all the setting specified in the packet will be removed from a mail account. The settings not mentioned in the packet will be kept unchanged.
- The set sub-operation is a hybrid (delete + update) operation. It means that all settings specified in the packet will replace all the settings already existing for the mail account.