Enabling Integration with Google Services for Websites
Parallels Plesk Panel 9.5 provides hosting companies with the means to easily integrate with Google Services for Websites.
Participation in the Google Services for Websites program offers the following benefits for hosting providers and their customers:
- Providers can receive referral fees when their customers enroll in the Google AdSense program or subscribe to paid Google Site Search services.
- Site owners can use Google tools to improve sites' visibility, add high quality search and widgets to engage and retain visitors, and monetize the traffic to websites with relevant ads.
To learn more about the program, visit http://www.google.com/webmasters/provider/overview.html and http://www.google.com/webmasters/provider/faq.html.
To integrate Parallels Plesk Panel-managed servers with Google Services for Websites:
- Visit http://services.google.com/feedback/webmaster_provider_signup and sign up for a Google Apps account (Premier Edition), a Google AdSense account, and a Google Affiliate Network account.
You need to create a separate Google Apps account, connected to Google AdSense and Google Affiliate Network accounts, for every hosting server managed by Parallels Plesk Panel.
Once your application is processed by Google and your company is approved for the program, you will receive access credentials by e-mail.
- Generate an RSA private key and a digital self-signed certificate by using the free OpenSSL utility, which is included in your Linux distribution or can be downloaded from http://www.openssl.org/related/binaries.html and installed on Windows-based computers.
- Issue the command
openssl genrsa -out rsaprivatekey.pem
This command generates a 1024-bit private key and stores it in the file rsaprivatekey.pem. The resulting private key should be kept secret.
- Issue the command
openssl req -new -x509 -key rsaprivatekey.pem -out rsacert.pem.
After you answer a number of questions, the certificate will be created and saved as rsacert.pem. This is the file you will need to upload to Google Apps via the Control Panel when configuring SSO.
- Log in as administrator to your Google Apps Control Panel at http://www.google.com/a/<your-google-apps-domain>.
- Select Advanced Tools, and then Set up single sign-on (SSO).
- Do the following:
- Select the Enable Single Sign-on check box.
- In the Sign-in page URL field, specify the URL https://<your-panel-server>:8443/plesk/gapps-identity-provider/.
- In the Sign-out page URL field, specify the URL https://<your-panel-server>:8443/.
- In the Change password URL field, specify the URL https://<your-panel-server>:8443/.
- In the Verification certificate field, upload your certificate.
- Click Save changes.
- Log in to your Parallels Plesk Panel as administrator.
- Click the Settings link in the navigation pane, and then click Settings of Google Services for Websites.
- Specify the following settings:
- Google Apps domain name.
- Google Apps domain administrator's username.
- Google Apps domain administrator's password.
- Google Affiliate Network ID.
- Private key file. If you created a private key file on a computer other than your hosting server, use this field to upload the key file to the server.
- Google AdSense API developer account e-mail.
- Google AdSense API developer account password.
- Click OK.
Now Parallels Plesk Panel is connected to your Google Apps domain account, and you can create user accounts in Parallels Plesk Panel and associate them with Google Apps user accounts. These operations are described in the following section.
For information about using the Google Services for your own websites, see the section Using Google Services for Websites.