A request XML packet creating FTP account on a domain includes the add operation node:
The add node is presented by the FtpUserAddInputType complex type (
ftpuser.xsd). The node has the following graphical representation:
trueis required if the home directory defined by the home node does not exist on the domain. Data type: boolean.
1. FTP account name must be unique in Plesk, meaning that two FTP accounts with the same name cannot be crated, even if you want to crate them on different domains.
2. The default home directory for any new additional FTP account is the domain root directory (namely, "/"). If you want FTP account created with request packet to have a default home directory, include an empty home node to your request:
If you want to specify account home directory other than default, in the home node specify a full path to desired directory, starting with root domain directory. For example:
3. Creating new folders in domain root directory is prohibited by Plesk. Therefore, it is impossible to make some /Global_Upload folder a home directory for an account. Do not include to your packets lines like
4. To create FTP account with unlimited quota, specify value "-1" in the quota node:
5. With one add operation, you can create only one FTP account on a domain specified either by name or by ID.
6. With one packet, you can create as many different FTP accounts on different domains as you want. To create multiple FTP accounts, use the required number of add nodes in the packet.