Setting and Changing Access Permissions for Groups and Users
To set or change access permissions for a group or user:
- Go to Home > File Manager.
- Click corresponding to the required file or folder.
- To change or remove permissions from a group or user, click the required name in the Group or user names list.
- To set permissions for a group or user, which is not in the Group or user names list, select the required user/group name from the drop-down box located above the list and click : the user/group appears in the list. Select it.
- To allow or deny permissions to a selected group/user, select the Allow or Deny check boxes corresponding to permissions listed under Permissions for [user/group name].
Note. If check boxes in Allow and/or Deny columns are shaded, it means that the corresponding permissions are inherited from a parent folder.
- To deny the permission, which are inherited from a parent object as allowed, select the required check boxes under Deny. This will override inherited permissions for this file/folder.
- To allow the permission, which are inherited from a parent object as denied, clear the Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to this object and all child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here check box: this removes the inherited permissions. Then select the required check boxes under Allow and Deny.
- Click OK.