Installing Parallels Plesk Panel Suite
The Parallels Plesk Panel Suite includes:
- Parallels Panel
- Parallels SiteBuilder
- Parallels Billing
The Parallels Plesk Panel Suite can be installed in the following ways:
- Through the
- With Virtuozzo standard templates in Parallels Containers Environment
To install Parallels Plesk Panel for Windows through the installer:
- Log in to your system as Administrator, download the required Parallels Plesk Panel installation package from Parallels Web site at http://www.parallels.com, and run the Parallels Plesk Panel installer by running the
- Perform the installation steps as described in the Installing Parallels Plesk Panel for Windows section. At the components selection step, make sure the Plesk Core\Sitebuilder for Windows component is selected.
To install Parallels Plesk Panel Suite in Parallels Virtuozzo Containers with standard templates, install the following templates in the container:
For this installation you will also need to select the following dependencies required templates:
These templates can be installed in one transaction, the order of templates is important.
To install Parallels Plesk Panel for Windows with VZ standard templates:
- Obtain a Parallels Plesk Panel template from the Parallels Web site and upload it to the target Parallels Containers hardware node.
- Install the application template by issuing a command of the following format:
C:\>vzpkgadd 108 dotnet2.0_frmwk-2.0.50727.42 msde sitebuilder_private-188.8.131.52_1.0 plesk-184.108.40.206
To install Parallels Plesk Billing:
- Install Parallels Plesk Panel for Windows with Apache Web Server and MySQL database selected as Parallels Plesk Panel engine components.
- Download and install Zend Optimizer 3.3.3+ from http://www.zend.com/. During installation specify the correct path to
vhost root directories.
- Download the latest available Zend encrypted Parallels Plesk Billing distribution from Parallels website.
- Create a domain in Parallels Plesk Panel.
- Create a MySQL database for created domain in Parallels Plesk Panel and a database user.
- Unpack Parallels Plesk Billing with preserving file permissions and upload the whole
plesk-billing directory by ftp to the
httpsdocs) directory of the created domain.
- Unzip the fileset. Use special parameters to preserve the file permissions set on the files/folders inside. It is important that
C:\Temp directory is set with world readable and writable permissions. The
plesk-billing directory will be created in your web-accessible folder. You may rename this resulting folder to whatever you like.
- Modify local
php.ini to uncomment openssl extension.
- Run the installation wizard by going to:
where mycompany.com is your corporate domain, and plesk-billing is the Parallels Plesk Billing directory.
Note: Installation wizard will alert if your system does not meet the minimum requirements. Please read the warnings and meet the necessary requirements or have your system administrator do it.
- Accept the terms of End User License Agreement and click Continue.
- Generate configuration file and enter system information. Choose the way to install configuration file:
- I will manually edit my config files. Check it for installation via SSH.
- Attempt to auto-upload them. Check it for installation via FTP: enter valid FTP username and password to the server where Parallels Plesk Billing is installed.
- Attempt to write them directly. Before checking this option, make this directory writable: plesk-billing/include/config.
- Enter database connection information for Parallels Plesk Billing:
- Database Type. Choose one from the drop-down box.
- Database host, name, username, password. Enter data you configured during database creation.
- Enter system path information:
- Temporary directory. Word writable directory to store temporary files, for instance C:\Temp.
- Enter the URL to the directory containing Parallels Plesk Billing applications and libraries:
- HTTP URL. For example
- HTTPS URL. For example
- SecureURL Protocol. If you do not have an SSL certificate, select 'http'.
Click the Save and Continue button.
- Copy and save the file that was generated as config.php and place it into
- Skip the cURL test. On some servers cURL test may cause next pages to hang if cURL cannot be found in its usual location. Checking this option is optional.
- Test your PHP cURL settings. It will show you all incorrect configuration if there is any.
Note: If PHP cURL test fails, you can't proceed with installation until you fix cURL configuration. As a workaround, go back to Step 16, choose Skip the cURL test and click Continue.
- Validate the license for your domain. Enter your domain URL, for example:
mycompany.com. Please note that
mycompany.com is not the same domain.
- License Token. To get the License Token, log into the Parallels Plesk Billing Client's area from http://www.pleskbilling.com with the credentials you used to purchase the Parallels Plesk Billing package, click Manage near necessary package and click the Generate License link. Copy and paste the License Token on the wizard screen and click Continue to proceed.
- Install the Free Version. The free version is a fully functional Parallels Plesk Billing with limit of 10 clients. You can upgrade your license from free version at any time after installation.
- Enter Parallels Plesk Billing administrator information: admin, username and password to enter Parallels Plesk Billing as administrator, your first and last name and administrator e-mail (for example
- Enter company information that will be used in billing, clients' invoices and accounting. Click Continue to start building database.
- When the installation wizard is complete, remove the 'install' directory before you start using the product.