Logging in to Plesk
To log in to your Plesk control panel:
- In the address bar of your web browser type the URL where your Plesk control panel is located and press ENTER. Plesk login screen will open.
For example, type
your-domain.com is the domain name of your Web host.
- Type the user name 'admin' and your password into the Login and Password boxes, respectively. If this is your first login to the freshly installed control panel, use the default password 'setup'.
- If you log in for the first time, select the language for your control panel from the Interface language drop-down box. If you had previously specified the interface language and saved it in your interface preferences, leave the User default value selected.
- Click Login.
After your first login, you should accept the license agreement and then specify the host name and IP addresses to assign to the server.
- In the Full hostname field, enter your server's host name. This should be a fully qualified host name but without a trailing dot (e.g. host.domain.tld).
- Select the type of available IP addresses: exclusive or shared. By default, all available IP addresses are located in the Exclusive IP addresses field.
- To add an IP to the list of shared IP addresses, select the IP in the Exclusive IP addresses field and click Add >>.
- To remove an IP from the list of shared IP addresses, select the IP in the Shared IP addresses field and click << Remove.
Note: With Plesk you can mark all your IP addresses as shared or exclusive before you assign them to your customers. This allows the control panel to distinguish between them and not to let you assign a dedicated IP address to several customers at once. An exclusive IP address can be assigned to a single customer, while a shared IP address can be shared among several user accounts.
You can skip this stage and define the type of IP addresses later (Server > IP Addresses).
- In the Administrator's preferences section, change the default administrator password and click OK.
Change the default administrator's password. Enter the new password and confirm it in the New password and Confirm password fields. The password can have up to 14 symbols. Note that the password is case sensitive.
Note: Do not forget to change the administrator's password from the default one to your own personalized password; otherwise, access to the control panel under the administrator account will be available with the default password 'setup', which is known to many users of Plesk.
- On the next screen enter your contact information.
- Select I would like to receive periodic e-mails from SWsoft announcing new products, discounts and more check box to subscribe to the SWsoft mailing list.
- Select I would like to create a default client account if you want Plesk to create the defaul client called My Domains. This account is typically used for hosting your own web sites.
- Click OK.