Creating Site Structure
A site consists of several pages linked together to present information in an ordered way. Using Plesk Sitebuilder, you can arrange the pages in the two levels of hierarchy: top level pages and second level pages. Therefore, before this stage you must clearly understand how you intend to structure your site.
Note: The maximum number of pages you can create in one site is determined by your service plan.
To facilitate creating your site, you are provided with a number of pre-defined site structures, or page sets, which can be used as templates for creating your own site structure. The default page set of your site is determined by the type of site you chose on the Start page of Plesk Sitebuilder Wizard.
On the Pages step, you can build any possible site structure by adding the desired pages and arranging them as needed. Find out about the types of pages offered by Plesk Sitebuilder and about the process of building site structure.
The Pages step screen provides the following functionalities:
- The Page sets area allows you to choose a page set. The selected page set is shown in red frame.
- The Standard pages area displays the structure of the page set chosen in the Page sets area. You can expand or collapse this section by clicking the or icons in the top bar of the section.
- The Your site structure area shows the final structure of your site.
- The Page position area enables you to organize the hierarchy of pages in the site map, and to rename pages.
- and buttons allow you add or remove pages from the site structure.
- The Site regional and language options area allows you to set the site language and the format of numeric data. You can expand or collapse this section by clicking the or icons.
- The Special pages area displays all available types of pages which can be added to your site structure: one common text page, and all available page modules. You can expand or collapse this section by clicking the or icons.
- The check box enabling you to add a visitors counter to your site.