How to Create Template
The process of creating a Sitebuilder template is divided into the following steps:
- Create a template design using a graphics editor. Note, that Sitebuilder imposes limitations on template design. For details on how to create a proper design, refer to the Creating Template Design section.
- Create template logical structure.
- Convert the design to HTML code using software of your choice.
- Convert the HTML code to template source code. This enables Sitebuilder to properly render dynamic content added by end users. For details on how to perform the step, refer to the Converting HTML Code to Template Source Code section.
- Create template's thumbnails. These images will represent the template at the Design step of Sitebuilder Wizard. Note, that Sitebuilder imposes limitations on template's thumbnails. For details on how to create proper thumbnails, refer to the Creating Thumbnails for Templates, Menus and Headers section.
- Specify general information about the template. The information describes the template to end users. For details on how to specify the information, refer to the Specifying General Information About Template section.
- Compile the template source code to template. For details, refer to the Compiling Template section.
After you have compiled the template, it can be installed to Sitebuilder. For details on how to do it, refer to the Installing Template section.